Pair treated for smoke inhalation in Alfreton

The latest from our newsroom.
The latest from our newsroom.

Burnt food resulted in two people being treated for smoke inhalation in Alfreton.

Firefighters were called to a property on Cressy Road at around 12.10am today.

Upon arrival, they found the property to be heavily smoke-logged as a result of burnt food.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: "Paramedics attended to treat two casualties for smoke inhalation."

For fire service advice on how to stay safe over Christmas, click here.