Youth Football round-up

A round-up of submitted match reports from youth football teams in the Ripley and Heanor area for the weekend of October 29/30.

Old Whittington 2

Heanor Staffs U15s 1

THE first half saw Heanor Staffs in sleep mode and they went in 2-0 down at half-time.

In the

In the second half Farren Packard hit the post, the cross bar before taking a kick from near the halfway line straight into the back off the net. Final score Old Whittington 2 Heanor Staffs 1

Castle Donington 1

Heanor Staffs U14s 9

This was another good win for Heanor Staffs with a huge 9-1 scoreline.

The goals came from from Tallen Hotchkiss (3), Jordon Bonser (4) Adam Baldwin 1 (penalty) and Jamie Harrison (1).

Credit goes to to Castle Donington who never gave up and kept fighting right to the end.

Mickleover Allstars 2

Heanor Staffs U15s 4

Heanor Staffs went one up in the first ten minutes with a goal from Oliver Naylor but not long after Mickleover Allstars got one back making it 1-1 at half time.

The second half started with a throw from Farren Parkard (delap) which reached Matthew Heath head and in it went. Within minutes Oliver Naylor scored from just outside the area.

Then Mickleover got their second through a penalty.

Then finally a pass from Jack Sweet connected to Oliver Naylor to give him a hat-trick.

The match did not end there Mickleover had a player sent off, Tom Lewis-Hood hit the crossbar 3 times and at least deserved a goal , and Liam Sloman also skimmed the cross bar.

Derby Mini Soccer U9s

Group 2

Codnor Boys U9s 4

Derwent 0

CODNOR continued their winning ways on Sunday with a comfortable victory over Derwent.

Codnor were out of the blocks very quickly and were 3-0 up within 6 minutes. The much improved Lewis Walker scored the first 2 goals, followed by an excellent volley from James Dean. Just before the interval James Dean scored again from Liam Sheltons pass.

With Codnor 4-0 up at the break Colby O’Hare came out of goal to be replaced firstly by Tanaka Muchechesi, then James Dean.

The second half was scrappy and Derwent competed well. Codnor never looked like conceding with Noah Wright and Liam Shelton commanding in defence. Another good result for Codnor who now are up to second in the league, but face difficult matched in the next two weeks.

Heanor Juniors U14s 4

Cobra Oakwood U11s 2

EARLIER in the season, Heanor were on the receiving end of a nine goal thrashing from a rampant Cobra team and so it was with some apprehension that they took to the field with a depleted side.

Their fears appeared justified as their opponents raced into a two-goal lead with Heanor struggling to contain the speedy forwards.

Both teams must have been thinking there would be a repeat of the earlier scoreline but Heanor shocked Cobra by levelling the scores before the interval with two well-taken goals from leading scorer Sam Meakin.

The second half saw the boys in white full of determination not to allow the match to slip away.

Both teams battled for every ball and chances came and went in both penalty areas but it was Heanor who clinched the points as two further goals from man of the match Sam Meakin completed the scoring.

The loud celebrations from the Heanor supporters echoed around Osmaston Park.

At present the Heanor defence is looking as solid as it has done for many months with George Timby, Daniel Holmes and Alex Wright playing with confidence and keeper Kian Simpson performing solidly behind them.

The stars of the midfield have been Cameron Knowles and Kyle Harris who have turned in a string of aggressive performances which have prevented their opponents from mounting sustained pressure on the Heanor penalty area.

Heanor Juniors Rangers U9s 1

Melbourne United Blue Sox 3

Heanor went down 3-1 at home to a very good passing Melbourne United team.

Rangers began well from the kick off and they took the lead when a Kieran Harwood long range shot ended with the keeper pushing it into his own net.

From then on Heanor struggled in the first half as Melbourne passed the ball so well, Rangers could not get it back and Melbourne scored twice before the break and go in 2-1 up at half-time.

Heanor got themselves more together in the second half and pushed hard, but as they pressed on, Melbourne managed to break through to make it 3-1.

It could have been worse but Michael Hollingsworth made a great tackle to stop United from scoring a fourth.

Man of the match: goalkeeper Thomas Smith who made some fantastic saves.

  Heanor Juniors U14’s 2

Riverside Juniors Real 0

After three weeks without games and playing Riverside Real a team in form Heanor knew they had a hard game and probably a lot to do to get any sort of result today.

The first half had little in way of chances, with Heanor keeper Nathan Stone only having to make 1 save which hardly tested him and Heanor attackers, Ryan Seale, Kieran Brunelleschi and Bradley Sharp making the better running but without having any 1 on 1 chances apart from a couple of scrappy half chances but to with no avail.

Heanor Liam Whysall man marked Riversides in form striker excellently and restricted him to only 1 shot off target in the 1st half and you could see the RR striker getting more frustrated every second.

Half time soon finished scoreless but with both teams knowing the 1st goal would probably make a big difference to the rest of the game; Luke Miles replaced George Bloor who had done well after his 1st game this season, Miles made an instant impact using his strength in the middle of the park to win a lot of the loose balls, after a good shot straight at RR keeper by Sharp, Miles followed up and after the keeper spilled it, Miles picked up the pieces and showed good composure to round the keeper and slot the ball in to an open goal, 1-0 Heanor, just the breakthrough Heanor needed.

Both teams battled hard trying to get a grip on the game, producing chances but nothing clear cut, RR defence working hard to keep James Pounder Heanor captain out with some good strong runs from midfield, Heanor also had to defend well, Rhys Charlton, Lewis Mee, Daniel Ashmore and now Cole Fell-Meakin after replacing Declan Brown doing an excellent job to prevent RR with only a few chances but with Stone in Heanor goal saving, taking and holding everything RR could throw at him.

Whysall continued to irritate and aggravate the with his superb reactions and pace and preventing the RR top scorer from getting much sight of the ball and not letting him get into his stride for the whole game.

Heanor Sharp forced a corner which Seale took; RR got to it 1st but only headed towards there own goal and Sharp was poisoned perfectly to head home for Heanor. 2-0.

With only minutes left Heanor knew the points were safe but pushed on for another, Seale nearly got another after great determination, but a good save from RR keeper kept him out after a collision with both players going for the ball, but both players had to be taken off after there collision but with only seconds to go, Tom Valance came on for Seale.

Full time whistle. 2-0 Heanor. Extremely well done by everyone, great determination and effort deservedly winning a hard match.

Man of the Match – Liam Whysall – (Did an excellent job man marking Riverside Real’s danger man and top scorer and keeping him out the game from start to finish)

  Derby City League

GAD Khalsa U15s 1

Heanor Juniors U15s 7

Heanor travelled to Derby and returned with the points after a fine display.

Heanor took the lead within 8 mins when Dale Wood and Isaac Thawley combined down the right to put Jack Sweet through on goal to score.

A surging run from midfield from Alex March led to him scoring the second before a great team move ended with George White finishing superbly to put Heanor3-0 ahead.

Khalsa pulled one back before half time as Heanor eased off but with Josh Bee-Tong in brilliant form at the centre of Heanors defence and Matt Ydibli beside him this was as good as it got for KHeanoralsa.

Heanor piled on the pressure in the second half and could have scored several goals before Charlie Ottowell sent a rasping shot high into the net past the Khalsa keeper. Heanors passing football was a joy to watch at times and further goals from Adam Taylor, Andy Soar and Callum Shelbourn completed the rout as Heanor climbed up the table

A great victory for Heanor and they hope to keep this form up in the return fixture at the Town ground Heanor on Sunday (10.30am).

Kickstart League Under 9’s

Ripley Rangers 1

Blidworth Welfare Colts 4

The first 10 minutes saw Ripley in full control of the match and the action was all in Blidworth’s half. The Rangers challenged and passed extremely well making many opportunities on goal however Blidworth’s keeper proved up to the challenge to keep Ripley out.

The first goal came against the run of play as Blidworth found the back of Ripley’s net but Ripley responded well and another series of passes was well taken and controlled by Brandon Bradshaw who finished expertly with both power and accuracy.

As the match progressed it became more of an even competition with both Ripley and Blidworth having equal opportunities on goal. When the half time whistle blew it was Blidworth who came out on top with Ripley trailing 3-1 down.

Ripley kept the momentum going with good team work and passing from the defence giving more attacking opportunities although the boys could not convert the chances into more goals. It was unfortunate to see an own goal to end the score line at 4 – 1. It was difficult to single out any one outstanding player however Luke Richards, due to his brave defending, took the accolade of Ripley Rangers man of the match this week.

Kickstart U10s Division 2

Tibshelf Tigers U10s 4

Ripley Rangers U10s 2

Again Ripley Rangers found themselves against high flying opposition in second placed and previously unbeaten Tibshelf Tigers. Tibshelf were on the attack immediatley and forced two corners in quick succession which was dealt with by Ripley Rangers defence well.Ripley then went on the offensive themselves with both Sam Long and David Murray.

Tibshelf were a strong physical side and they were pushing Ripley Rangers back and from another corner forced Ripley into conceding an own goal. Ripley Rangers then went on the offensive and a Jake Maskell pass found Sam Long in space he controlled the ball took a touch and unleashed an unstoppable shot into the top corner.

Parity was now restored with the score 1-1 both teams went close Luke Goold making two great saves for Ripley Rangers.Then a shot from distance caught Rangers off guard and it dropped into the top corner 2 - 1 to Tibshelf . Tibshelf again put pressure on Ripley and they conceded another own goal after a melee from a corner and it was to remain 3 -1 to Tibshelf at Half tIime.

The second half started with the game flowing from end to end with Ripley Rangers going close Jack Hounslow hitting the post . But it was Tibshelf who were to score again Luke Goold saved initially a shot from 10 yards but the ball fell kindly for Tibshelf and they scored the rebound.

So with the score 4 - 1 Ripley Rangers could have rolled over but to their credit they didnt Jake Brandrick and Jake Maskell kept putting their body on the line in midfield and after great work from the latter and David Murray who found Jack Hounslow in space it was left to Jack Hounslow to chip the Tibshelf keeper from 10 yards.

With the score 4 - 2 Ripley Rangers kept going and the Tibshelf keeper did well to make two saves from Sam Long and David Murray.

There was still time for Luke Goold to save a Tibshelf penalty .Ripley Rangers can again be proud of their efforts and commitment and the results will soon turn with the performances they are putting in.

Kickstart Youth League

Ripley Rangers Under-7’s v Underwood Villa

Ripley Rangers under-7’s put in a strong performance, with the first half being equally matched against a well established Underwood team, the game could have gone either way, with great football from both sides

Ripley Rangers defence kept strong with a solid structure throughout the game and worked well together putting in both well timed tackles and blocks to protect our new goal keeper.

No credit should be taken away from the keeper who when needed produced some excellent saves! The midfield kept up a high quality of passing and movement and managed to find the strikers who were always determined to move into space.

The whole teamwork hard and supported each other putting into practice their training, they deserved their well earned goals. A big well done from all the coaching staff and the parents, today the lads did themselves proud!

Rowsley Youth League Under-18s Division Two

Ripley Rangers U18s 5, Matlock Aztecs 0

At home to Matlock in almost perfect conditions for football, Ripley went straight into top gear with some lovely passing football which resulted in Josh Timmis firing home to give Ripley a 1-0 lead in only the second minute of the game.

Matlock were spurred into action but Ripley’s defence held firm and Rangers responded to double their lead with a great strike to make it 2-0.

Ripley’s wingers caused havoc to the visiting defence, creating further chances for Ryan Bond and Ross Hopkinson, but both were unable to find the net from close range.

Tom Knighton in the Ripley goal was largely untroubled but had to produce a smart save from the Matlock striker with ten minutes to half-time.

Ripley extended their lead just before half time to 3-0 with great skill on a downward header into the back of the net from Ryan Bond.

After going in three goals down at half-time, Matlock began the second half at a high tempo but were unable to create any clear-cut chances.

Ripley again responded positively and produced some of the best passing football in the match and Ripley made it 4-0 when the ball was passed out of defence and six touches later a sweeping strike from Ross Hopkinson finished the move.

Ripley made it 5-0 with a penalty, captain Tom Bridge netting the spot-kick.

Credit goes to both teams who played football to a high standard but it was Ripley who proved far too strong.

The win moves Rangers up to second place in the league.