Youth football

YOUTH football match reports submitted from around the area for the weekend of January 21/22.

Kickstart Youth League Under 7’s

Ripley Rangers Vs Moorgreen Colts White

RIPLEY Rangers played a hard fought game today against a very good and experienced Moorgreen Colts side in extremely windy conditions.

Both teams tried hard to play football despite the conditions which generated the proverbial game of two halves.

Each attacking side used the wind to their advantage in their respective half, with some slick passing and decent shooting, so the defenders had to work extremely hard to keep them at bay.

The goalkeepers had to deal with the ball swerving and dipping in the wind and did so very well indeed.

It was a credit to both sides that they attempted throughout the game to keep the ball down and play good football. Last time these teams played, the more experienced Moorgreen ran out very convincing winners and out classed Ripley, this game was a much closer affair and could have gone either way, which is great testament to how far the Ripley lads have progresses, well done all!

Kickstart U10s Division 2

Ripley Rangers U10s 4 Kirkby Community U10s 1

After last week’s cold spell, Ripley Rangers U10s were raring to go after a good training session in midweek.

Straight from kick off Rangers were on the attack and Jake Brandrick found Jack Hounslow who skipped past three players and his cross found Ben Hawkes whose shot was smothered by the Kirkby keeper.

Ripley took the lead when Jack Wood won the ball and fed Jack Hounslow who set off like a steam train down the wing leaving no less than four Kirkby players in his wake and a shot from an acute angle from the edge of the box nestled in the far right bottom corner of the net to make it 1-0.

The game came to life with both sides having chances and Luke Goold made some good saves for Rangers. His opposite number also stood firm on many occasions.

Kirkby then got a corner and after a bit of pinball the ball dropped to a Kirkby player who made the scores level at 1 1.

Rangers were not to be outdone and kept the pressure up and a well-delivered corner by Reece Askew was picked up by Regan McDonagh who composed himself then gleefully smashed the ball into the back of the net to make it 2-1 to Ripley Rangers at the break.

So far Rangers had played some nice football adding a bit of determination they were looking a good outfit and came out after the break looking even more hungry for goals and they were not to be disappointed after shots from David Murray and Jack Hounslow were saved a great passing move involving Jake Brandrick resulted in Sam Long rounding the keeper and slotting home to make it 3-1 to Rangers.

Then came a moment to savour after the Kirkby keeper had made two more first class stops Rangers were awarded a penalty for handball, their first of the season. Killian Maiberger Higgins was given responsibility as he has been a member of the team for four years and never scored and he pefectly executed the penalty sending the keeper the wrong way putting the biggest smile on his face.

So Ripley Rangers back to winning ways a great team performance we hope for the same this week.

Man of the match: Jack Hounslow, he was unplayable.

RIPLEY Rangers FC has been training more children over the past year and the club is now looking forward to add players to start an Under-9s team for the 2012/13 season.

The club are looking to add to the current crop of year three players who already train at Mill Hill on the astroturf on Wednesday nights between 7pm and 2pm.

Rangers have also formed an under-15s team which is about to start playing friendlies and would like a few more players to join the current squad which trains Tuesdays at Mill Hill on the astroturf between 8pm and 9pm. Players need to be aged between 13 and 15 years.

Finally, the club is also looking for players for the Under-14s side which train on Mill Hill on the astroturf on Tuesday nights between 7pm and 8pm.

Anyone interested in joining any of the sections listed at a friendly community club should call Ashley on 07904863896 regarding the Under-14s and Under-15s girls and Gary on 07980602924 and Gareth on 07980 309244 for Under-8s.

Heanor Juniors U10’s 1

Chellaston Boys Athletic 0

IT HAS been a long time coming, 26 games at Under-10’s and until last Sunday, and Heanor Juniors had no wins to show for all their blood sweat tears and effort. But the wait is finally over.

Last Sunday’s 1-0 win against Chellaston was the teams first win, and the first three points. And they so deserved it.

It was a really windy day at the Racecourse, and the conditions meant that both teams struggled at times to get the ball down and play.

Heanor played with the wind in the first half, but although they dominated, they found it hard as the ball seemed to be forever running away from the front players Will Antcliffe and Lewis Searson.

And although Heanor at times laid seige to the Chellaston goal, forcing a string of corners, they couldn’t find the killer touch to force the ball home.

Even though they had the majority of play, the boys in white were in debt to goalkeeper Ben Jones. three times in the first half the impressive and nippy Chellaston number nine found himself through on goal, only for Jones to make great saves with his legs and keep the ball out of the Heanor goal.

As the half drew to an end it looked as though Heanor’s dominance would have nothing to show for it, until the ball was played into the box, and struck the hand of a Chellaston defender, and the referee had not hesitation in pointing to the spot. Up stepped Jake Ellis who hammered the ball into the roof of the net for his second goal of the season, to make the score 1-0 at the break.

A change of formation was called for at half time, and Joe Brazel and Oliver Kerry were introduced at the back to give the impressive Jake Stepney some much needed support.

The boys expected an onslaught in the second half against the wind, but in truth it never really came. Jones was rarely called upon as the boys in front of him for most of the half kept the opposition at arms length. The midfield 2 of Noon and Jordan Hyde never stopped running, and Duncan Claxton battled away up front on his own.

The Chellaston number 9 again made things hard for the Heanor defence, and he was brought down on a couple of occasions around the box, but the boys held firm and as the game drew to an end, their resolve seemed to grow.

The delight on the players’ faces at the end of the game made the wait totally worth it.

Heanor Staffs 6

Allestree 1

AFTER a cold slow start a great cross from matthew heath reached Farren Packards head 1 - 0 to Heanor Staffs.

The second for Heanor Staffs also came with a cross from matthew heath connected to farren Packards head then Oliver Naylor netted it.

Half Time score Heanor Staffs 2 Allestree 0

The beginning of the second half Oliver naylor scored by chipping the keeper and straight after Adam Baldwin got Heanor Staffs 4th who was one on one with the keeper. Oliver Naylor got his hat-trick scoring the 5th for Heanor Staffs. Allestree got a penalty with 15 minutes to go, which they scored. Just before the whistle Heanor Staffs got a penalty which was scored by Liam Sloman.

Heanor Staffs 1

Matlock 3

Staffs knew it would be a hard game as Matlock are top of the league and not lost a game so far.

In the second half Heanor Staffs went into the lead with a goal from Oliver Naylor. But the lead was not for long as Matlock scored two within five mins and then again after ten.

Staffs can take great pride in this result against the top of the table side.

Heanor Staffs 3

Shepshed Ingles 4

Shepshed ingles scored within the first minute. Then straight from kick off Josh Price scored for Heanor staffs. Ryan Naylor was taken down in the area and Heanor Staffs received a penalty which was scored by Adam Baldwin. Shepshed scored just before half time.

Shepshed Ingles number six was booked for kicking the ball away. Shepshed then scored making

t 2 - 3 but straight after Jordon Bonser scored for Heanor Staffs making it 3-3.

With minutes to go Shepshed scored with help from the wind.