White Lion and Royal Oak share six goals and the points

DIVISION One’s early pace-setters MARLPOOL WHITE LION and WESTWOOD ROYAL OAK featured in the day’s big game that finished all square at 3-3.

A stunning goal from Matt Hunt was the highlight; Matt Britt also notching one for the Lion. Sam Brewster and Elliot Jones with a brace replied for the visitors in an end-to-end encounter.

NORMANTON VILLAGER were edged out 1-2 by visitors DERBY ATHLETIC for whom Kev Morrow and James Ablott scored; Jay Miles responding for the home team.

In Division Two, HAYLOFT inflicted a first defeat of the season on visitors THE WHEEL.

Anthony Rooney converted a penalty kick after Matt Byard had been upended; the latter then finishing off an excellent move to give his side a two goal cushion.

Although their opponents pulled a goal back, the home team held out for a 2-1 win.

Laurence Bond shot RIPLEY WHITE LION ahead of visitors NORMANTON UNITED mid way through the first half, only for Ross Graney to restore parity on the stroke of half time.

Defender Rich Green was penalised for hand ball shortly after the restart, but the resultant penalty kick was expertly saved by the visitors’ custodian Ricky Hill.

The importance of the save was magnified when James Pearce rose to head in unchallenged from a corner kick and the game was made safe when substitute Cameron Short shot home from 25 yards out to give his side a 3-1 victory margin.

Shane Fazackerley scored a cracking opener for BOUNDARY ATHLETIC who, assisted by an own goal from the unfortunate David Bond, went on to beat ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE 2-1. Gareth Bradley got the solitary goal for the visitors.

SEVEN STARS were beaten comprehensively by MARLPOOL UNITED who recorded a 5-0 away success.

Elsewhere our teams were engaged in DCFA Sunday Cup action.

In the senior competition, CRIB BAR travelled to KILLAMARSH JUNIORS with just a bare 11 players, and things didn’t look good when they trailed 1-0 and then 2-1.

Dan Riley got the first goal and a second from Adam Nicholls took the tie into extra time when the same player secured Crib’s place in the next round as a result of a 20 yard free kick.

SHIRLAND MINERS WELFARE enjoyed a smoother passage courtesy of a 5-0 win over RAILWAY CLUB ATHLETIC of Chesterfield in the Junior version of the same competition.

RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL progressed to the next round by default; their intended opposition CROMFORD VETS being unable to field a side.

CODNOR MINERS looked to be dead and buried after trailing BARROWHILL MEMORIAL CLUB 0-4.

However, a stirring fight back saw them claw back the deficit only to concede another goal 10 minutes from time to go out at the first hurdle 4-5.

Scott Swanwick (2), man-of-the-match Matt Guyler and John Griffiths were the Codnor marksmen.

HOLMEWOOD FC had a long trip to BULLS HEAD, BUXTON to contend with but disposed of the opposition 5-2.

Fixtures for Sunday, October 9 v

MG Financial Services Division One v Coronation Club v Codnor Miners

Crib v Shirland MW

Rainbow Int v Normanton Villager

Westwood Royal Oak v Derby Ath

PG Mortgages & Loans Ltd

Division Two

Holmewood FC v Railway (Alf)

Normanton Utd v The Wheel

Railway Tavern v Ripley White Lion

Tibshelf White Hart v

Riddings Rovers

Out of Town Division Three

Boundary Ath v Hilcote MW

Gallows Inn v Alliance Healthcare

Gladiators v Bulls Head

Heanor Staff v Out of Town