Three more for Heanor’s goal machine Debrouwer

Heanor Town like goal avalanches. Last week they scored five in 11 minutes, this week three in four during a 5-0 win at home to Winterton.

And in all honesty, the 81-goal Lions should have had more, but their Premiership-style possession and passing was not always direct or sharp enough to open up a stubborn Winterton defence who packed the path to goal even more intensely as the game progressed.

The opening exchanges were all Heanor but they couldn’t draw out the Winterton defence enough to make a finish count. Even when Kieran Debrouwer went through, Dan Waring blocked his shot and the loose ball was cleared.

There was a warning to the Lions 15 minutes in when James Watson went clear but Mark Frost was off his line in a flash to save. Two minutes later, Waring saved a smart shot on the turn from Nathan Benger, and the Lions continued to press with a Nick Hall shot which flashed wide and a Gary Webster drive which stung the goalkeeper’s hands.

Between times, Paul Boath had breached the home defence and forced Frost into his second smart save. The breakthrough finally came though when Benger’s low cross found Debrouwer racing in at the back post to slam the ball home after 28 minutes.

Winterton gave Heanor another scare on 48 minutes when Dan Hagan wriggled clear and lobbed Frost, but there was no power in his effort and two Heanor defenders raced back to clear with some comfort.

Winterton’s luck ran out seven minutes into the second period. The referee allowed play to continue after a foul on Benger and the impressive Jared Holmes punctured the defence to give Debrouwer a sight of goal and the ball was in the top corner.

Substitute Greg Simmons saw his goalbound shot touched roundthe post at full stretch by Waring and as Heanor played some very attractive football Peel thought he had got number three when he shot home following a corner.

But a sharp eyed referee’s assistant spotted that the big defender has strayed offside. Then Heanor launched a three-goal onslaught in the space of four minutes.

Greg Simmons shot home on 67 minutes. This was followed by Debrouwer’s shot into the top corner from Chris Shaw’s pass for his eighth hat-trick of the season.

And on 71 minutes Simmons found the similiar top corner after Holmes had weaved his magic to set up the chance.

There was a late chance for Simmons’s first treble for the club but the ball finished up in the side netting.