Sweet revenge for Heanor Under-15s

Derby City League

Mayfield Panthers U15s 1

Heanor Juniors U15s 6

HEANOR made the long trip to Ashbourne to play a team that beat them twice last season and claimed an emphatic victory.

Heanor started well and with Charlie Ottowell and Evan Morley up front looked dangerous.

After 12 minutes Heanor went ahead when Alex March picked up a loose ball 25 yards from goal and fired it high past the keeper.

Mayfields danger came mainly from the long through ball but it was effective and led to an equaliser after 20 minutes.

Before half time Jack Sweet finished off a good move to make it two before another long range effort from Alex March made it 3-1 at half-time.

Heanor were even better in the second half with Jamie Shelton and Matt Ydibli in full control at the back.

A corner led to March completing his hat trick before another fine move ended with Jack Sweet scoring his second.

Heanor brought on their subs but continued to press forward. Adam Taylor and Jordan Smith both went close before Jamie Shelton moved up from the back to fire home from 30 yards following on from a similar goal the previous week week.

Liam Foster in the Heanor goal had little to do but made a couple of smart saves when required.

This was a superb performance from the team who travel away to First Division Mickleover in the cup this Sunday for another tough match.

Derby City League U13s Cup

Codnor Boys U13s 0

Chesapeake 8

The cup draw threw up a repeat of last season’s 1st round fixture, where division three side Codnor met the division one champions which ended in a 17-0 scoreline.

The aim for Codnor was clear from the start, to improve on last year’s peformance, and they did just that.

After the game started with a high tempo, going from end to end, a goalkeeping error gifted Chesapeake the lead.

However, Codnor drove forward in search of an equaliser, with Carlin at the heart of each wave of attack. Grainger was also instrumental in breaking up Chesapeake’s tidy play, but there was nothing that Codnor could do about the next two goals shortly before half-time and the interval lead saw the visitors 3-0 up.

The second half continued in much the same fashion, with chances at both ends, as Webster and Parr could have reduced the deficit.

As the game wore on, Codnor pushed men forward to attempt to get back in the game, and gaps were left at the back. Chesapeake took advantage of the additional space, and added a further five goals in the last ten minutes to give the scoreline a more one-sided look.

Despite the defeat, Codnor were able to take great credit for their effort, performance and attitude against a team from two divisions higher.

Man of the match – The Whole Squad (deserved more).

Belper Sports U12s

Ripley Rangers U12s

Ripley Rangers Under 12’s played away on Sunday to Belper Sports FC in the Derby City Sunday morning league division 1 and came home with all three points.

Rangers kicked off on a great pitch, perfect for their passing and perfect for a great game between the local rivals.

The first ten minutes were tense with both teams trying to get a hold of the game but Ranger’s midfield were getting to the ball first and passing the ball around well.

Danny Bain and Jack Bowler began to dominate and found spaces down the wings to play great searching balls into for Luke Jaques and Kyle Gregory, who were both beating the defenders and getting some great crosses over.

It was a good passing move that created the first goal where Chester Norman played a one two with Bain and then slotted a glorious ball down the left to Gregory who danced around two defenders and pulled the ball back to Joe Martin on the edge of the box.

Martin controlled the ball well and took the ball past two defenders and drilled a low shot into the corner of the net to give the keeper no chance.

It was a deserved lead and gave Rangers the confidence to take the game to Belper, who continued to battle. Belper had come up against a determined defence and some great tackles by Ben Rose, Josh Lomas and Matty Rice kept them at bay.

Rangers needed a second goal and it finally came midway through the second half. It came from a great save by Rangers keeper Sam Linford who dived full length to hold onto a shot that looked destined for the corner of his net.

He kicked the ball long where Joe Miller brought it down and found Gregory on the left wing.

He played a first time ball to Martin on the edge of the box and from a very tight angle he lobbed the keeper with a great finish into the far corner of the net.

With five minutes to go the ball was in Belper net again when some neat play by Max Didcock and Max Train won a corner.

A great ball over from Jaques was met by Bain with a great header, which the keeper somehow saved.

It was followed up by Gregory who smashed the ball into the net only for the ref to rule it out for a foul, which seemed harsh.

The game ended with some pressure from Belper but some good tackles by George O’Neill and Sam Clifton ensured a brilliant clean sheet and a really well deserved three points for Rangers.

It was a great game, between two good footballing teams played in the right way.

Kickstart Youth Division 2

Under 10s

Ripley Rangers 3

Alfreton Town Juniors 3

A pulsating local derby was eagerly contested with a twist at the end.

Alfreton took the lead with a neat near post header after five minutesafter which the game opened out end to end with chances for both sides.

Jake Brandrick equalised with a neat finish from just inside the box. Alfreton took the lead again with a neat freekick from just outside the box which nestled in off the upright.

The game again swung back and forth Alfreton scoring again after a mix up in Rangers defence to make it 1 3 to Alfreton.

The match was played a break neck speed both sides going close then a goalbound shot was handled on the line by Reece Chater which resulted in a penalty being awarded to Alfreton which was saved by Luke Goold in Rangers goal. A retake was ordered but this was blazed over.

This seemed to inspire Rangers and after good interplay between Jack Hounslow and Jake Brandrick Sam Long was put through on goal and he coolly slotted past the advancing keeper.

That made it 3-2 to Alfreton with three minutes left.

With full time looming, the ball broke on half way for Sam Long and he ran clear of the Alfreton defence to stroke the ball home for 3-3 with the final kick of the game.

Thid was a fantastic advert for local children’s football both these teams should be in the promotion mix come the end of the season.

l More youth team reports are on our website: www.ripleyandheanornews.co.uk