Ripley Rangers U10s record their first win

Kickstart Youth League

Division Two U10s

Ripley Rangers 3

Mansfield Blades 0

After the previous week’s dramatic point, Ripley U10s gained their first win of the season.

After the visitors had hit the bar, Jack Hounslow cleverly chipped a goal into the top corner to give Ripley a 1-0 half-time lead.

The second half saw Rangers get a grip on the game and David Murray finished a nice move off in style.

The third goal came from Jack Wood who had already had three shots well saved but this time he picked the ball up inside the Blades half and advanced to smash an unstoppable shot into the far corner.

Match sponsors: Protec and Emmas Barbers, Ripley.

Ripley Rangers U12s 1

Ilkeston Juniors 5

Ripley Rangers U12’s couldn’t follow up the previous week’s impressive win at Belper and they fell to a heavy defeat against a good Ilkeston side.

Rangers were slow off the mark and second to every ball which led to them going 3-0 down in the first 20 minutes as Ilkeston capitalised well on some weak tackles and poor marking.

The second half saw some improvement but it was only a couple of great saves from Rangers keeper Sam Linford, some good tackles by Matty Rice and a good goal line clearance from Chester Norman that kept the score the same.

Ilkeston finally scored again with a great passing move resulting in a goal into the top corner which gave Linford no chance.

Rangers’ passing seemed to have deserted them for great parts of the game but some good control by Joe Martin and a nice pass through to Luke Jaques produced a good opportunity that Jaques took, with a fine strike into the far top corner.

Ilkeston finished the game in style with another good move and another good strike.

Match sponsors: Stringfellows Garage.

Ripley Rangers U7s put in a hard and win worthy shift in their Kickstart Youth League game against Manner Black last Sunday.

Manager Dan Rayner felt that every player showed commitment and effort and together as a unit, everyone is beginning to understand the game, play the game, but most importantly, enjoy the game. There is a structured formation showing and everyone is learning their favourite position.

Although individuals stood out, the team deserve the praise as a unit.

Rowsley League Division 2

Codnor Boys U18s 0

Ripley Rangers U18s 6

Ripley made the short journey to face Codnor for this local derby and returned comfortable winners with six unanswered second-half goals to take them off the bottom of the league.

The first half lacked chances although a Codnor striker blazed over from ten yards.

Ripley range the changes and madea positive start to the second half, taking the lead with a low shot from Kyle Hazeldine.

This inspired Ripley and they turned on the style. Two well-taken goals from substitute Ryan Bond were added to by Hazeldine before Bond clinched his hat-trick goal. Hazeldine followed suit by adding his third of the game.

Man of the match was Glen Henry.

Match sponsor: Compcon Compressors and pumps.

Heanor Juniors Rangers U9s 4

Field Lane Yellow Sox 0

On a very hot day, Heanor Juniors U9s saw off a tough-tackling Field Lane side without hitting top gear.

Heanor began slowly but after several untaken chances, Kieran Harwood shot them in front and then doubled the head with his second just before half-time.

In the second half, Heanor had more possession and pushed for more goals but they were indebted to goalkeeper Thomas Smith who produced the save of the day.

Harwood made it 3-0 and then ended the scoring with a super long range shot.

Mickleover Allstars U12s 0

Heanor Juniors U12s 11

Heanor U12s gained their first points of the season in emphatic style.

They looked well up for it, especially in their new kits, kindly provided by team sponsor Trent Side Fixings.

Heanor began well, being much sharper to the ball and Lewis Robinson opened the scoring with a thunderbolt of a shot.

Robinson then turned provider with his superb cross seeing Taylor-Mellors despatch a fine header for possibly the goal of the game.

Barker finished well for the third and Spicer added the fourth albeit with a fortunate cross-cum-shot finding the net. On the stroke of half-time Robinson hit another unstoppable strike for 5-0 at the break.

Heanor made changes but continued to dominant in an excellent performance by all.

Henry Bilbey combined with Spicer to set up Jake Taylor for the simplest of goals and it was Bilbey again who played Spicer in to hit a piledriver for 7-0.

Taylor-Mellors used his pace to finish with terrific composure and both he and Robinson then completed their hat-tricks with good finishes.

The icing on the cake saw a flowing back to front move begun by keeper Ludlam finished by Mckane.

Man of the match: Kai Varley.

Littleover Villa U11s 1

Heanor Juniors U11s 6

Following a thrilling cup victory the previous week, Heanor hit six to record a first league win of the season.

The Juniors began well with some quick and accurate passing.

After Sam Meakin had chipped the keeper but the bar also, the first goal arrived when a Jared Smith shot was fumbled by the keeper and Kyle Haris scrambled the ball over the line.

A succession of chances were created and missed before a mistake in defence allowed Meakin to score.

On the stroke of half-time Heanor grabbed a third goal when Smith capitalised on a rebound in the penalty area.

it had been a fine first half performance from the team and the three goal lead barely reflected their dominance.

The second half opened with a series of incredible scrambles in the Villa goalmouth going unfinished.

Whilst Littleover defended bravely it was inevitable that further goals would come and Alex Wright made it 4-0 with a low shot from the edge of the area.

On a warm morning the fitness of Heanor began to pay dividends and Alex Wright and Sam Meakin added to the scoreline before Villa grabbed a late consolation.

Heanor Juniors U10s 2

Little Eaton 3

Sometimes football can be cruel, and that was the case here at the Racecourse as Little Eaton Diamonds fought back from two-down against an inspired Heanor to win a tightly contested game.

It started so well and after only five minutes Will Antcliffe tried his luck from distance and saw hit fantastic shot beat the keeper.

It was all Heanor but Diamonds began to find their feet and it took a Ben Jones save to keep out a shot from the edge of the box as he tipped it over the bar.

The second goal came when a Hyde corner found Duncan Claxton who got in front of his defender and steered it into the net.

Heanor perhaps started thinking of victory too soon, and got a wake up call when the Diamonds pulled one back.

Joe Brazel and River Fowkes were looking assured at the back, but Brazel had to come off after a heavy challenge, and he was replaced by Jordan Price who made his debut and first ever competitive match.

He spent most of the match getting in strong tackles and making interceptions and clearances, and looked at home on the pitch.

The Diamonds equaliser was unfortunate to say the least. A great shot from the edge of the box was heading for the bottom right hand corner of the net, but Jones managed to dive to his left and force it round the post.

The resulting corner found it’s way to a Diamonds player who got in front of his marker and forced the ball home.

The second half was all one-way traffic. Antcliffe had another great shot saved and Hyde and George Hallam both went close. But it was Little Eaton who scored what turned out to be the winner. A ball into the Heanor box wasn’t dealt with, and the loose ball fell to a blue shirt who gave Jones no chance.

Hit pushed for an equaliser but Claxton just failed to connect with a Hallam cross and Hyde beat three players in the box but then failed to make good contact and the keeper saved.

The gough games come thick and fast as Heanor play the top two sides in the division in the next two weeks, starting this week against top of the league Belper Sports.

If they play as they did today, it could be quite a game.

Heanor Staffs U14s 7

Stanton Ilkeston 3

Heanor staffs U14s hit five goals in the second half to run out convincing winners.

At half-time they led 2-1 thanks to two goals from Jordan Bonsor.

Bonsor hit two more in the second half and further goals came from Tallen Hotchkiss, Jamie Harrison and Adam Baldwin.

Al Madina 0

Heanor Staffs U14s 1

Away at Arboretum Park, ten-man Heanor were involved in a close game with the half-time score goalless.

The 11th player finally found the ground and after coming on, Jamie Harrison scored a blinding goal to gain all three points for the Staffs team who are now second in the league with a game in hand.

Heanor Staffs U15s 9

Hilton Harriers 1

Heanor roared to victory with goals from captain Lewis Buxton, an Oliver Naylor hat-trick, one from Farren Packard, Jack Sweet, Russel Horsley, Adam Wright and Kadey Stevenson.

Heanor Staffs U15s 2

Chellaston Boys 0

Heanor progressed in the cup with goals from Matthew Heath and Adam Baldwin.