Lions line up a semi-final game with the Robins

Heanor Town booked their place in the semi-finals of the Derbyshire Senior Cup with a 3-2 victory at the Town Ground over Graham St Prims on Tuesday night.

The match went ahead at the fourth time of asking, after three previous weather-related postponements.

Although the match was originally supposed to be played at Graham St Prims, the decision was taken by the Derbyshire FA, in consultation with the two clubs, to switch the venue after the three postponements.

The Lions took an early lead in the game through a goal from Jared Holmes. But the visitors were able to draw level before the break.

They then went into the lead thanks to a goal scored by former Heanor Town player James Rushby.

Nick Hall hit the bar as Heanor pushed hard to get back on level terms. In the end, a strike from Kieran Debrouwer made it 2-2 and the winning goal came courtesy of Gary Webster.

The win has earned the Lions a semi-final match against local rivals Ilkeston FC.

That game will now take place at the New Manor Ground on Tuesday (February 11) with the match to kick off at 7.45pm, after being pushed back 24 hours from its original date.

The two sides met in the competition last season. The match occurred at the start of Jordan Hall’s reign as manager, following the departure to Mickleover Sports of Craig Hopkins and Glenn Kirkwood.

The match ended with a 7-0 defeat for the Lions but they are a different team now and when the weather has permitted them to get on the pitch recently, Glen Clarence’s side have been in a good run of form and will hoping to progress to the final. Before then, the Lions have a league game on Saturday, at home to Nostell MW (3pm kick off).

Meanwhile, there have been two new additions to the Heanor Town squad. Matt Savage has joined from Long Eaton United and Luke Crosby from Belper United.

Manager Glen Clarence told the club’s website: “I am delighted that they have both decided to join us.”

Meanwhile, Greg Simmons has left the Town Ground for Basford United and Danny Williams has gone on loan to Sutton Town.

Last Saturday’s match against Athersley fell foul of the weather.