Heanor Town keep up good run with 3-0 win over Parkgate

editorial image

Heanor Town continued their recent good form with a hard-fought 3-0 win over Parkgate FC.

The Rotherham side worked hard throughout the first half to keep the home side at bay, before Heanor’s firepower eventually got its rewards.

The first real event of the match was a caution for the Heanor captain Chris Shaw on 21 minutes for a foul on Parkgate winger Andrew Dawson.

Parkgate came close five minutes later when Scott Whittington shot just wide after trying to lob Ian Deakin from around 40 yards.

Heanor sparked into life after 35 minutes when Jay Cooper smashed home after Nathan Benger’s cross.

Matt Richards’s effort then glanced the post then on 43 minutes after being picked out by Kieran Debrouwer.

Heanor came out in determined mood after the break and threatened through Benger on 61 minutes.

Debrouwer, who holds the title of being the NCEL record goalscorer in a single season, doubled Heanor’s after scuffing his shot in to the bottom corner on 62 minutes.

On 72 minutes it was the pocket rocket, Ollie Naylor, who found himself just an inch too short to meet a Jay Cooper cross when well placed inside the six yard box.

Debrouwer nearly doubled his personal tally on 78 minutes as his shot was deflected for a corner.

But from the corner Sam Jones headed home after Parkgate failed to clear their lines.

The barrage from the Heanor forwards then started as Cooper and Ollie Naylor both went close.

Matt Richards then found space on the edge of the area before crashing his effort off of the crossbar.

Naylor then blew a great chance to score his first senior goal when he sent a penalty against the post, before hitting the rebound wide, after Matt Richards was fouled by Alex Varley.

HEANOR TOWN: Deakin, Marriott, Shaw (Andrews 71), Booth, Hall, Strzyzewski, Cooper, Jones (Hawes 78), Benger (Naylor 71), Richards, Debrouwer.

Subs not used: Coupe, Baker.

Attendance: 137.

Man of the match: Matt Richards.