Five-star show from Heanor

There were plenty more goals for Heanor Town on Saturday in their 5-2 victory at Staveley MW .

Heanor started brightly, Williams shot high and wide in the sixth minute when gifted acres of space, Debrouwer fired wide in the seventh minute after great build-up play by Williams and Moran and then debutant Jared Holmes cracked a powerful effort off the bar.

Debrouwer extended his recent impressive goalscoring record in the 19th minute.

Flicking the ball past Dickman, giving himself a clear run from 30 yards, he finished with great technique, beating Matthewson from close range.

Heanor’s Gerry Moran, the shortest player on the field, cleared the ball off the line with a header in the 25th minute then again in the 27th.

Williams should have opened his account for the day soon after when given a fantastic opportunity by Debrouwer, but his shot from a squared ball a yard from goal was straight at the covering defender.

A penalty was controversially awarded to Staveley in the 31st minute.

The assistant referee signalled a foul when Jordan Turner had taken a tumble under close attention from Chris Shaw.

The instant decision was to award a spotkick, however, after some thinking time and a consultation from the assistant referee, the decision was changed correctly to a Heanor free kick.

Turner was booked for simulation.

Moran provided a chance to score for one of his teammates in the 58th minute. His cross found the feet of Debrouwer, who swept home.

Williams finally got his goal in the 65th minute as Heanor showed their dominance. Skilful play by substitute and debutant Ben Wallace gave him space to play the ball into a crowded area, Williams managing to place the loose ball into the back of the net.

Stef Frost was introduced in the 68th minute and fresh legs nearly yielded another goal in the 70th minute.

Frost’s volley stung the palms of Matthewson.

Frost then scored on 76 minutes, as Williams’s shot fell kindly to him, giving him an easy chance to finish.

Heanor got complacent in the 78th minute, a long ball found Staveley’s Ryan Damms who rounded Baker and rolled the ball into the net to bring the score to 4-1.

Debrouwer claimed his third hat-trick in four games on 83 minutes, his pace taking him past the defence to roll the ball past the stranded stopper.

Staveley scored the last goal in this full-blooded encounter, substitute Pat Lindley heading home at the back post.