CMFL Round-up - Ollerton put 12 past Welbeck...again


Ollerton Town and Welbeck Welfare experienced their own version of Groundhog Day on Tuesday night at Walesby Lane as for the second time in three days the half-time score, the final score and the final scorer were all identical.

Just as they did on Saturday Ollerton took a three-goal lead by half-time, Lewis Bingham, Kyle Ludlow and Jamie Charlton all finding the net.

But again, as Welbeck tired, the goals flowed throughout the second period, Ludlow taking his total to six, and Kyle Clarkson, with a penalty, Sam Stretton and an own goal increasing the total before Sam Dockwray scored the final goal, as he had done at Meden Vale.

To their great credit, Welbeck never gave up, and not once was there anything approaching a bad foul or dissent.

There were more goals on Wednesday evening as Askern came from behind twice to pull off a 5-3 win at Newark Town.

Joe Brumpton gave Newark a second minute lead, Matty Devine equalising shortly afterwards.

Adam Boddy put the home side back in front before Alex Rennie made it two apiece at the interval. Askern took the lead for the first time with a Gary Mundy goal, Boddy levelling the scores again with his second just after the hour mark. Further goals from Shaun Mundy and sub Alex Irwin ensured a win for the visitors in a well-contested match.

In the Black Dragon Badges South division Wednesday night saw Hucknall Rolls travel the short distance to Bulwell, coming back with the points thanks to a 26th minute goal from Greg Conn.

Swanwick Pentrich Road enjoyed a more clear-cut win at Keyworth with a 5-1 win. The Swans scored through Guy Taylor (2), Shane Whitmore, Chris Turner and Ash Buxton, Conner Parkin getting the Keyworth goal.

Pinxton progressed in the Phoenix Trophies Floodlit Cup after a 4-0 defeat of Blidworth Welfare, the tie being switched to Blidworth as Pinxton’s reserve side were also at home. Goals from Kurtis Bamford, Nathan Benger, Jake Vernon and Pete Stubley saw the Derbyshire side through to an away tie at Bulwell in the next round.

It was a good night all round for Pinxton as their reserves hammered Belper United 9-1 in their much delayed Reserve League Cup tie. Louis Roberts led the scoring with a hat trick, Ki Smith and Jack McWilliams both grabbed two, while Grant Tobin and Tommy Edwards completed the goal tally.

In the Reserve division a goal from Radford’s Ross Wilson was enough to give his side all the points at Teversal.