Woman injured after bungalow blaze in South Normanton

NEWS: News.
NEWS: News.

A woman suffered burns to her hand after a blaze erupted in the upper area of a bungalow.

The fire was discovered at the property on Corn Close, South Normanton, about 9pm, on Wednesday, November 5.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “Am ambulance was in attendance and paramedics treated a female casualty because of burns to a hand.”

Firefighters, armed in breathing apparatus, used two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and the area was made safe by about 11.20pm.