Stock picture.

The cars seized by Derbyshire police over the last few days - and the criminal reasons why

Derbyshire police have seized a number of cars over the last few days.

Here are pictures and details of vehicles taken off Derbyshire's highways by Derbyshire Roads Policing Unit recently. The information comes from the unit's Twitter account - @DerbyshireRPU.

The tweet said: "Creswell. Pulls out a side street, sees us and pulls straight on to another side street. Parks up and walks off. Stopped and driver found to be wanted for a violent robbery and the car is stolen rolling round on false plates. Arrested. #Seized."

5. 'DRIVER WANTED FOR VIOLENT ROBBERY'

The tweet said: "Creswell. Pulls out a side street, sees us and pulls straight on to another side street. Parks up and walks off. Stopped and driver found to be wanted for a violent robbery and the car is stolen rolling round on false plates. Arrested. #Seized."
Buy a Photo
The tweet said: "Dove Holes. Van cruising about and sets off copper's nose. Stopped to find the driver isn't on the insurance. Plus a load of drugs on board. Two arrested for possession with intent to supply. #Seized."

6. 'VAN SETS OFF COP'S NOSE'

The tweet said: "Dove Holes. Van cruising about and sets off copper's nose. Stopped to find the driver isn't on the insurance. Plus a load of drugs on board. Two arrested for possession with intent to supply. #Seized."
Buy a Photo
The tweet said: "Langley Mill. Not the type of takeaway he was after driving his uninsured car. #Seized."

7. 'NOT LOVIN' IT'

The tweet said: "Langley Mill. Not the type of takeaway he was after driving his uninsured car. #Seized."
Buy a Photo
The tweet said: "Buxton. Mercedes driven by a disqualified driver. Boxed in and stopped. Off back to court again and car #Seized."

8. 'BOXED IN'

The tweet said: "Buxton. Mercedes driven by a disqualified driver. Boxed in and stopped. Off back to court again and car #Seized."
Buy a Photo
View more