Man given first aid after blaze in Derbyshire home

Firefighters attended the incident.
Firefighters attended the incident.

Firefighters gave first aid to a man after an fire at a house in Codnor yesterday.

Crews attended the property on Stirland Street at around 5.35pm.

MORE: There's a chill in the air this morning - but how long will it last? Watch today's weather forecast

There had been a fire in the oven but this was out when firefighters arrived.

A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Crews gave first aid to one male occupier, ventilated the property and completed a safe and well check."

MORE: Thieves use boat to escape after stealing from Derbyshire company