Loscoe house blaze

TWO people were rescued from a burning house in Loscoe in the early hours of Sunday morning. Firefighters from Ilkeston, Ripley and Heanor were called to the blaze, which broke out in the kitchen of a detached house on the High Street, at 0.40am. Short extension ladders were used to carry a man and a woman to safety. They were then taken to the Derby Royal Infirmary suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation. One main jet and two hose reel jets were used by four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.