Heanor firefighters mobilised after disposable BBQ catches fire in a bin

A woman was taken to hospital after a house fire today.
A woman was taken to hospital after a house fire today.

Heanor firefighters were called out to an incident in which a disposable BBQ caught fire in a waste bin.

Crews from Heanor arrived at the scene on Amber Drive, Langley Mill, where they found the bin on fire.

A spokesman for Derbyshire Fire and Rescue said; “Take extra care when having BBQs and always dispose of them carefully.”