Firework in phone box

Firefighters were called after a firework was set off in a phone box in Blackwell.

Crews from Alfreton attended the scene on Huthwaite Lane at 8.50pm on Thursday.

Buckets of water were used to put out the fire and damp down the floor.

A spokeswoman for the fire service said: “The fire service would like to remind the public that careless handling of fireworks can cause serious injuries such as burns and scalds. Always take care when using fireworks, always wear gloves and never play with fireworks.”