Derbyshire firefighters attended a number of incidents involving bonfires last night and during the early hours of this morning.
Crews were called to Avis Avenue, Heanor, where a bonfire had spread to a nearby garden fence, a shed and a garage. They extinguished the blaze.
Firefighters rushed to Gresley Road, Ilkeston, to deal with an out of control bonfire. They also gave oxygen to a man who was suffering from the effects of smoke.
Crews attended a bonfire which was well alight on Nottingham Road, Long Eaton. They used a jet to dampen the bonfire and surrounding trees.
And firefighters put out bonfires which had been left unattended on Donald Hawley Way, Duffield, and on Bank Street, Long Eaton.
A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Never leave your fire unattended."