Toilet block blaze

Share this article

A TOILET block in South Normanton was damaged when vandals started a fire in a plastic waste pipe.

The alarm was raised at 1.35pm last Thursday at the single-story block on Hamlet Lane.

Crews from Alfreton and Ashfield attended and two firefighters wore breathing apparatus when they entered the block and extinguished the flames with a jet and CO2 extinguishers.

A positive pressure fan was used to ventilate the block and a thermal image camera to check that the fire was out. Crews left the scene at 2.20pm.