Nottingham Forest call for new bone marrow donors to sign up to Anthony Nolan charity
Nottingham Forest Football Club and specialised European Catering company Elior are calling for new bone marrow donors to sign up to the Anthony Nolan bone marrow register when they host a special recruitment event in the Robin Hood Suite at The City Ground on Friday 5th October.
The Reds are working with blood cancer charity Anthony Nolan to support nine-year-old Nottingham resident Archie Andrews, who has been diagnosed with leukaemia and needs a bone marrow transplant to save his life.
Luckily, his younger brother Harvey has been confirmed as a matching donor and his transplant will go ahead in the next few weeks.
The club’s Press and PR Executive Ben White is delighted to be supporting the charity and hopes to see a positive response from the people of Nottingham.
He said: “Nottingham Forest are delighted to support such a worthwhile cause and I would encourage not only Forest fans but the whole of Nottingham to come along to The City Ground and get behind the appeal.”
Jenner Mackay-James, regional recruitment manager for Anthony Nolan, said, “Archie is one of the lucky 30 per cent who find a matching bone marrow donor in their families – the other 70 per cent turn to our register to find them an unrelated donor.
“Sadly, we can still only find a match for around half the people who come to us in need, but the Nottingham Forest fans can help us change that – simply by signing up to the register.
“It only takes 10 minutes, and once on the register you could help save the life of someone who’s still searching for a match.”
The recruitment event will take place at Nottingham Forest’s City Ground on Friday 5th October from 3pm-7pm.
Anyone wishing to join the register will simply need to fill in a short application form and provide a small saliva sample. Please visit www.anthonynolan.org for more information.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Ripley
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North