Crib shocked by Rainbow

THE CRIB were left shell-shocked as RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL pulled off the result of the day in division one.

Fraser Murray gave the visitors an early lead that was cancelled out by Crib’s Liam Brown before the interval. Nigel Haslam restored the advantage shortly after the restart following a free-flowing passing move, only for Kyle Wadsworth to conjure up a spectacular equaliser.

However, a second goal from Haslam and another from Jake Watson gave Rainbow a well deserved win to leave Crib shell-shocked. Indeed, were it not for the heroics of James Baker in the home goal, the score line would have been even more emphatic. A special word for referee Anthony Creswick who had an excellent match.

WESTWOOD ROYAL OAK took advantage of Crib’s demise in registering a comfortable 3-0 away win over CODNOR MINERS; MARLPOOL WHITE LION also maintaining their challenge by disposing of visitors SHIRLAND MW 2-0.

Nick Scuffins opened the scoring by thumping home a free kick before Matt Groves sealed Lion’s win from the penalty spot.

AMBER ATHLETIC stride on in Division Two, visitors THE WHEEL coming away with nothing to show for their efforts and going down 5-2. Ashley Edkins, Matt Wilders (2), Kye Rogers and Aaron Wood got the goals for the home team, whilst Paul Wood and Chris Martin responded for the visitors.

A Lewis Allsop header set HAYLOFT on the way to a 3-1 win over RAILWAY (Alfreton). An Anthony Rowley free kick and a Matthew Byard goal followed; Anthony Bonsall replied for Railway.

A tight game resulted in a narrow 2-1 win for HOLMEWOOD MW against RIPLEY WHITE LION. Reece Williams got the first before Steve Adams made the game safe from a penalty kick.

A Chris Burrows hat-trick was the highlight of RAILWAY TAVERN’s 6-1 beating of lowly TIBSHELF WHITE HART. Adam Davis also weighed in with a couple before substitute Scott Stapleton completed his side’s tally. An Aaron Benford deflected effort was all the opposition could muster.

Shaun Elliott gave NORMANTON UNITED an early advantage in their game at RIDDINGS ROVERS. However, a headed goal from Gavin Bockin levelled things. A piercing drive from Adam Coleman saw the home team in front, only for Cameron Sharp to respond in similar fashion.

Another Bockin header restored the advantage and substitute Des Shay seemed to have put the game out of reach when giving his side a two goal cushion shortly after taking the field. Shaun Elliott, though, gave the visitors fresh hope when squeezing the ball home from an acute angle to set up a nervy last few minutes that Riddings rode out to register a 4-3 win.

In the third division, OUT OF TOWN swept ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE aside to register a 5-1 away win through Michael Hollis (2), Jason Gratton, a Ryan Steeples screamer and an own goal. Substitute John Marston notched the home team’s consolation goal.

Andy Merrin scored the goal that secured a point for his HEANOR STAFF side in a 1-1 draw with BOUNDARY.

Other games resulted in victories for GALLOWS INN 9-0 against GLADIATORS FC, HILCOTE MW who beat MARLPOOL UNITED 2-1 and SEVEN STARS who proved two goals too strong for BULLS HEAD.