Patio heater fire

0
Have your say

Neighbours in Swanwick had to be evacuated on Saturday night when a fire spread close to a propane gas canister

The base of a garden patio heater in New Street, which contained an 11kg propane cylinder, had caught fire at around 8.30pm.

Neighbours were evacuated surrounding the house as there was a risk of explosion.

Fire crews from Alfreton used breathing apparatus to tackle the flames, leaving the scene at around 9.15pm.

The Alfreton crew was also called to a car fire half-a-mile from the road of Brickyard Lane, Somercotes, in the early hours of Sunday morning, at around 1am.