Selston pensioner dies in house fire

Alfreton Rd Selston Fire

Alfreton Rd Selston Fire

0
Have your say

Neighbours have paid tribute to a Selston pensioner who died in a bungalow fire started by a cigarette in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Sixty-six-year-old Eric Stone was carried out of his Alfreton Road home by firefighters at around 6.30am, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

It was later confirmed by Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue that a discarded cigarette which had not been extinguished properly had started the blaze during the night.

 

Back to the top of the page