Ironville blaze sees homes evacuated

0
Have your say

PEOPLE fled their homes after a fire broke out in an Ironville house on Friday night.

The blaze, which is believed to have been started by an electrical fault, was reported at 11.40pm.

Fire crews from Alfreton, Ripley, Heanor and Crich were called to a house on Waterside along with the aerial ladder from Chesterfield.

A 35-year-old man was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

In total people were evacuated from 13 premises and not allowed back into their homes until just after 3am.