Derbyshire fire chiefs are urging residents to use electronic candles this Halloween to avoid a living nightmare.
The warning comes a year after the eight-year-old daughter of TV presenter Claudia Winkleman suffered serious burns when her Halloween costume went up in flames.
Little Matilda, who had brushed up against a naked flame, has undergone several operations since the horror blaze.
A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: "Don't let Halloween fun turn into a Halloween nightmare.
"Fancy dress costumes can catch fire and burn extremely easy.
"Keep away from fire and be extra safe - use electric candles. These give the same effect without the risk of fire."
If residents do decide to use naked flames, they should bear in mind the following safety advice:
- Keep candles and tea lights away from children and animals
- Youngsters should be supervised at all times near naked flames
- Don't leave candles unattended for any reason
- Keep naked flames a safe distance from curtains, furniture and decorations at all times
- If clothing does catch fire, STOP - don't run as it will only make the blaze worse; DROP - get down on to the floor; ROLL - with your arms above your head, roll over and over to put out the flames