Gas cylinder alarms

0
Have your say

A cylinder began leaking gas after it was left out in the sun, prompting emergency services to respond in Pinxton on Friday.

Crews from Alfreton were called at 10.50am to a property on Town Street where the cylinder had been left out and the sunshine had caused the metal to expand.

Crews cooled the cylinder with water until it could be collected at 11.40am.

Fire crews from Ilkeston and Eastwood were called to a gas fire at a barbeque in Langley Mill on Saturday.

The alarm was raised at 6.15pm on Hillside when a cylinder began leaking propane gas. Crews were able to isolate the valve.