Evacuation after blaze

House fire, waterside Ironville

House fire, waterside Ironville

0
Have your say

PEOPLE were evacuated from their homes as a fire gutted an Ironville house on Friday night.

The blaze, which is believed to have been started by an electrical fault, was reported at 11.40pm.

Fire crews from Alfreton, Ripley, Heanor and Crich were called to the house on Waterside and later had to call for an aerial ladder unit from Chesterfield as they fought the flames.

A 35-year-old man was treated by paramedics at the scene for smoke inhalation, said a fire service spokesman.

The roof of the house collapsed due to the ferocity of the fire, leaving the first floor and loft of the building exposed.

People were evacuated from 13 properties and not allowed back into their homes until just after 3am, he said.