Firefighters extinguished a heavily smoke-logged house at Eckington.
The blaze was discovered at the property on William Street, Eckington, about 2.15pm, yesterday, Wednesday, July 30.
A Derbyshire fire service spokesman: “There was a fire in the kitchen of the property and the building was heavily smoke-logged.”
Firefighters from Staveley were assisted by a Chesterfield crew and they used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.
The fire service confirmed that all persons were safely accounted for.
Crews also cut away debris and carried out salvage work at the property and left the scene at about 4pm.
A fire service spokesman added that an ambulance was called out as a precaution to deal with possible smoke inhalation difficulties.