Broadband in pipeline

BROADBAND access in Amber Valley is poised to be transformed after the Government approved ambitious £15 million plans.

32,607 homes and businesses in Amber Valley’s ‘white areas’ - where there is currently no broadband connection or speeds are slow - are expected to benefit from improved infrastructure.

The county council scheme aims to deliver broadband speeds over 24Mbps across 90 per cent of the county and 2Mbps to the remaining 10 per cent by 2015.

In February the council underwrote £7.39 million in match funding, without which its bid would not have been successful. The council is now working to gain other funding. To view Digital Derbyshire’s Broadband Plan visit www.derbyshire.gov.uk/broadband